Galpin Motors , home to the #1 Ford Dealership in the World, has been family-owned and operated since 1946, and is known for being a pioneer and innovator in the Automotive Industry. Carrying 10 quality automotive brands, this success could not be achieved without a dedicated group of over 1300 employees, many of whom have been with Galpin for over 20 years.
Galpin is a diverse and fast paced organization that centers on integrity, continuous improvement, family values, teamwork and, most importantly, Customer Service. Owned and operated by Bert and Jane Boeckmann and their family, Galpin is a true partner within the community and is deeply supportive and involved with many local schools, charities, events, and initiatives.
We are experiencing continued growth and are looking for motivated, creative and enthusiastic individuals who share our core values to join our first class Ford Service Team .
Are you passionate about taking care of the Customer? Do you see the positive in an unpleasant situation? Can you juggle multiple priorities? Service Advisors interact and communicate with our customers on a continuous basis.
Job Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Greet customers in a timely manner. Establish positive rapport immediately and ongoing.
- Schedule service appointments and receive vehicle information; determine automotive problems and services needed by listening to the customer’s description of issues and performing vehicle walk-around.
- Conduct inspections, take test drives, review vehicle maintenance records, and examine service schedules.
- Prepare Repair Orders (RO) and work with Technician/Mechanic to describe symptoms and problems.
- Explain time and cost (estimates and actual) to customer. Answer questions and address concerns.
- Check on progress of the vehicle during servicing. Obtain customer approval for additional work.
- Develop and maintain superior product knowledge to effectively help customers with service and warranty needs.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or required
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a high volume, fast paced automotive service department.
- Prior sales experience helpful.
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, customers and external contacts;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
Galpin Motors, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
We offer an excellent benefit package including 401(k) with Company match, a great working environment, convenient locations, and the opportunity to work for an organization you can be proud of!